Wednesday, July 15, 2009 | By: Clayton

We're Home!

What a long-awaited weekend it's been!!

Aaron came home on Friday (07/10/09) after being in the NICU for 118 days - just 11 days after his original due date (06/29/09). We couldn't believe they let us walk out of the hospital with the most amazing and precious thing ever! They took off all the wires to his monitors, cut off his and my ID bands (that I've had on since being admitted on this birthdate), I signed some papers and that was it. Aaron was ready to come home. Fortunatley, he didn't need to come home with any oxygen or monitors (as initially thought).

Of course, Friday night was sleepless. Aside from being nervous about him being home, we just couldn't stop staring at his handsome little face. For so long I've had to go to bed without Aaron next to me...I wasn't going to let his first night go by without enjoying every minute of being able to look at him.

Aaron did make it home in time for my shower/his welcome home party on Saturday (07/11/09). It was a very nice thing to come home to. Aaron received lots of really nice gifts and toys that he can't wait to use! It was wonderful for him to meet just some of the people that have been praying and thinking of him for so long.
The next couple of nights went better for Clayton and me. We were able to get more sleep as we adjusted to the late night feedings. Thankfully there are plenty of helpful hands at home to make things easier, especially Nana and Grandpop who also can't stop putting Aaron down!

Now that I'm a little more used to him being home, hopefully more updates will be available. Although, I make no promises about tearing myself away from the cutest little thing ever! Here is just a little glimpse of his cuteness after bath time!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.