Aaron was diagnosed with CP back in June. This was by far one of the hardest appointments we've ever had. The diagnosis itself wasn't completely unexpected yet it was so overwhelming to hear. There was something about those words coming from a doctors mouth that was so foreboding.
The day was exhausting, too. We had two doctors appointments a couple hours apart so I pretty spent the whole time between them crying in the car and texting family to let them know the latest news. No one, including me, really know what to say. And, what was said didn't seem to be helping. Clayton didn't even go to work that day. We just hung out as a family.
I don't remember praying as passionately as I did that night since the day Aaron was born. I needed help and motivation to feel like I could get through life. I don't even remember falling asleep but I did.
The next morning, Aaron was up before I was. When I went to get him from his room, he was laying there playing and he smiled right up at me when I appeared at his crib. Nothing was different than every other morning he woke up. He ate the same, laughed the same, slept the same. Nothing was different. His diagnosis from the day before lost all meaning. It was just a label. A way for the doctors to put him in a category they could understand and treat. For me, it is something more localized to pray about.
Since then, and as always, Aaron continues to get better and stronger every day. He is able to sit up by himself for very long periods of time. Usually he just topples over when he is laughing too much from playing! His left hand and lower half have been feeling more and more relaxed. And he has almost completely switched over to chunky, crunchy, tasty table food (he's even been crying for actual food when you try to give him a bottle or just pureed baby food). And we can only thank God for these huge advances that he's made in such a short amount of time.
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. -- Hebrews 11:1 (NIV)
Pages
Followers
Labels
beginning
(2)
boards
(2)
clayton
(2)
development
(2)
extubation
(1)
eyes
(3)
faith
(1)
feedings
(9)
fibroid
(2)
fire
(1)
gagets
(1)
hospital
(1)
hydrocephalus
(3)
infection
(2)
kangaroo
(4)
miracle
(2)
oxygen
(1)
pictures
(17)
reflux
(2)
shots
(1)
sleep
(2)
songs
(4)
summary
(2)
surgery
(1)
Teeth
(1)
vent
(7)
video
(6)
weight
(10)
work
(2)
Helpful Info
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Us
Clayton and I are high school sweet-hearts who have been married for 5 years. Two years ago we became the parents of a micropreemie, Aaron, whose story is quite miraculous. We also have beautiful three-year-old golden retriever, Hurley. This website is all about the us!
Copyright Info

Everything Berry by Mari & Clayton is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.

0 comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.