Today was actually uneventful in the NICU. Aaron was real sleepy when we visited tonight. He was just hanging out on his back. We missed most of the nightly duties of bathing him, changing his diaper and taking his temperature because we got to the hospital really late. Unfortunately, we were held up at home because Clayton almost burned the house down! I was running late in school and he decided to get dinner ready. The oven was pre-heating while he came downstairs and next thing he knew, the smoke detectors were going off. By the time he ran upstairs, there was black smoke everywhere! Luckily, he's always been quick to think and he immediately opened the doors and windows and put our dog, Hurley, out on the lead. He came back in and opened the oven door and flames came out. As it so happens, my parents had to have their house inspected when it went under contract and they had to make sure there was a fire extinguisher in the kitchen. Thank goodness there was! Clayton quickly grabbed it and put the fire out. My mom usually puts extra cookie sheets, etc. in the oven but this time...the one time Clayton forgets to look...there was something pastic in there that melted and caused the fire. By the time clean up was done and we ate dinner and showered, we didn't get to see Aaron until 9pm. I think that him sleeping and keeping all his numbers in perfect range was his way of telling us it was OK that we were late...we didn't miss anything crazy and he was doing fine all by himself. His nurse on duty tonight told us that she noticed him smiling a lot today! It's really cute when he does it. I just always thought I made more of a simple face "twitch" but I'm glad someone else agrees that Aaron just keeps smiling. I wonder what he's thinking about...
Here's a picture from Monday night (04/27/09). I think it gives a nice perspective of Aaron's size vs. Clayton's hand!

PS. Please pray for baby Dawson, another preemie in the NICU. He needs to have same PDA ligation surgery that Aaron had last week.
0 comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.