We were actually able to put his first outfit on on Monday (06/01/09) night. It was short lived, though, since he got really warm wearing it. Apparently the same exact thing would happen to Clayton when he was a baby! It was after his bath so he is sporting a spiky hairdo.
We've also tried breastfeeding twice this week. The first time was on Wednesday (06/03/09). Aaron was so comfy in my arms that as soon as he latched on he just feel asleep! His numbers were perfect and we couldn't wake him up. As much as I wanted to feed him, it was wonderful to see him so peaceful and comfortable. The next time we tried was Thursday (06/04/09). He was crying so much because of some air in his tummy that by the time the nurse figured it out and got the air out, it was too late past his feeding time (and too close to his next one, since he is eating every 2 hours) that it just turned into a feeding tube meal. I was really sad for how miserable he seemed. But, I'm not getting discouraged. I really believe he will be able to nurse one day and plan to keep trying until he does!
Clayton and I are hoping we have a 4lb baby at tonight's weigh-in. We will keep you all posted.


1 comments:
Clayton, Mari and Aaron,
You are all amazing. It's so good that things continue to go forward even if it's not as fast as you'd want. I know from my own experience you will never forget these times. It's good to have the blog. I kept a journal after each of my kids were born and even reading them today, there are some details that I actually forgot. There are many things that I didn't put in the journal that I remember tho. There was a time when I was sitting on the couch holding Jeremiah, crying because I was feeling overwhlemed. I looked down at Jer and he smiled. That made me cry harder because even at 2 months, he knew what to do to make me feel better! Babies are all beautiful and special!
Have a good weekend. love and prayers from Marty/Mom
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.