Monday, June 8, 2009 | By: Anonymous

$495,438.55

That is how much it costs to have your 24w5d preemie in the NICU for 37 days. And, as of today, Aaron's been in the NICU for 86 days. Crazy, but worth it!

Today, Aaron was playing with us a bit. Clayton wanted to try and feed him with a bottle for the first time. He had already been holding Aaron for a bit when feeding time came so munchkin was already sleeping. We tried and tried to wake him up, but got nothing. We took his blankets off, turned on the lights, tickled him, massaged him, pinched his pudgy little cheeks...nothing! Even the nurse tried to wake him...and nothing. Thank goodness he was hooked up to the monitors and his numbers were perfect or else I would've gotten a little nervous. Aaron must've been so warm and comfy against Clayton's chest that he didn't want to be bothered. Even when he did stir a little bit and his face turned red from us trying to wake him, he immediately went right back to sleep!

So, it was getting to be a bit past his feeding time and he hadn't taken much by bottle so we gave it to him through the tube. And, guess what he did...he woke up! That little bugger got his whole feed without having to do any work! Oh, how he outsmarted us all! I think next time we are going to feed him inside the isolette and then hold him so he's not too comfy with us.

Silly Aaron.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mari and Clayton, it's Tim Kirby. Kind of random, I know. I just wanted to say that I have been following the news on this site after Wilber Espinosa had told me that you have a baby. Well, I just want to say congratulations and I'm really happy for you both. It seems like Aaron is doing well. I can see from reading this page that you are both good and loving people so I am sure Aaron will turn out the same. I just wanted to let you know that you have someone else praying for Aaron. Take care and God bless.

Tim Kirby

Oriana said...

Oh how I've been waiting for the June posts. He looks great and I bet he'll be home in no time!

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.