Monday, August 24, 2009 | By: Anonymous

Dad's Way Day

Aaron had a very special day today with Clayton. It was my first offical day at work and Clayton had Aaron all to himself for 9.5 hours! He did bring him over to meet me for lunch, which was great. Although it was and will always be tough to leave him to go to work, it actually wasn't as bad as I thought. I think because I know I will be coming home and taking care of him for the rest of the evening as opposed to when he was in the hospital and I only saw him for a handful of hours a day. Nothing will ever be as bad as those 4 months, and a few hours at work is a breeze compared to that. But, it was very nice to come home to my boys and hold Aaron as long as I wanted.

After dinner, we headed over to Aaron's cousins' house to hang out with them and Aunt Margo and Uncle Jed. Aaron did so well. He took 2 whole bottles in 3 hours! My hungry little hippo is growing soo fast!

Tomorrow is a big day for Aaron. We will be meeting with a developmental pediatrician to figure out where he falls on a scale of babies between 2 months and 5 months. But, more importantly, we will be meeting with a pediatric surgeon and hopefully scheduling Aaron's hernia repair. It's been giving him a lot of trouble lately. When his system is backed up and it bulges, he cries so much and is in a lot of pain. Fortunately, it reduces by itself. But it just breaks our hearts to hear him scream like that. The sooner it is repaired the better. Please keep him in your prayers as we meet with these doctors tomorrow. I will update after the appointments!

Goodnight.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.