Sunday, May 10, 2009 | By: Anonymous

Happy Mother's Day

Needless to say, Mother's Day has a whole new meaning for me. As special as today was, it was also very difficult. I wanted nothing more than to celebrate my first Mother's Day with Aaron at home in my arms. But, I was just so thankful that he is doing so well and is still here fighting every day so that he can come home!

The nasal cannula was short lived and Aaron was put back on BiPap early this afternoon. Although he had a really good blood gas last night (even better than his usual "good" ones), he seemed to be getting very tired of maintaining his breathing and had a few apneic episodes. He is still not getting any breastmilk which I'm sure isn't giving him the energy he needs to maintain breathing. Although it is a minor step backwards, we are glad that he is getting the support he needs. Of course he hates the BiPap hat and is trying to take it off with all his might! Hopefully when they start feeds and he gets more energy we will try the cannula again.

Aaron had a lot of visitors today. Both sets of grandparents, uncles Craig & Glenn, and great-grandma Berry all went to say hi. And, he will be spending lots more time with me from now on as I am (un)officially done with school!

I can't thank you enough for all your thoughts and prayers. We definitely see a light at the end of the tunnel. Aaron will be home before we know it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.