Aaron had another busy day of visits today. Tetta visited during the day and was able to hold him for the first time he did very well with her. His numbers were high and he was ver comfortable. When it was time to swith to Gidu, Aaron had a brady episode. He recovered. It was mostly due to reflux though, since when he went back into his house and spit up a bit, his numbers went back up. Apparently reflux is a big issue with preemies, and Aaron is now getting some medicine to help prevent the reflux and related reflux episodes.

They did a head ultrasound today. I stayed and watched. Every picture the tech took made me nervous, even though I had absolutely no idea what I was looking at. Luckily, neurology was able to look at it today and it shows that the hydrocephalus is stable (thank God!). So there is no need to run into another surgery or procedure. Again, we just keep praying that the blockage resolves on its own and a path can be created to allow complete drainage of the fluid.
After the ultrasound and a few more bradys that were managed with some suctioning, I was able to do some kangaroo care with Aaron for over an hour and a half! Oh, it was so special and he did so well! His skin against mine feels so sweet and natural. I didn't want to give him up. Now that he is bigger and on the cannula I have a feeling that I will be asking to do kangaroo care every day.
Aunt Margo came and visited at night. The last time she saw Aaron he was 7 days old. She was so glad to see him doing so well. He really enjoyed her visit and was doing well the entire time! She was even able to hold him while the nurse changed his bedding. I changed his diaper and he had a big poopy!! Yay for poopy diapers!! And he is already back up to 9ml/3 hrs. He was at 5ml/3hrs yesterday!

Tonight, Aaron weighed in at 1410 grams (3lbs 1.6oz)!
0 comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.