Sunday, May 3, 2009 | By: Clayton

Daddy Time!

Since Mari took her boards on Saturday we were not able to get to see Aaron until aound 8:30pm. The nurse was even nice enough to call and see when we were going to get there because she wanted us to bathe him. I started the process by cleaning his head but soon found myself overwhelmed by Aaron's smallness and had to relinquish the washcloth to Mari. Once she was done it was time to re-diaper, so I jumped right in! It was then time to change his bed so I got to hold him while his bedding was changed, and then for another 20 minutes or so after that.Aaron weighed in at 1130g (2lbs 7.86oz) and had feeding up to 7cc every 4 hours, with a little residual.

Sunday was just another day at the NICU. He was doing well, desat-ed a few times and was just hanging out. Busy day for him with visitors though, first Nana & Pop showed up early, then Mari and I arrived probably within an hour of them leaving, then Tetta and Gidu got there a little after we left.

Mari just got off the phone with his nurse at 10:30 and she informed us that he weighed in at 1200g!!! (2lbs 10.33oz) His breast milk consumption has been upped to 9cc ever 4 hours (they went to 8 early this morning), he has no residual from prior feedings, and he has only had 2 desats since 7pm!

2 comments:

mama bee said...

Aww Mari, he is doing so good! I bet you are just through the moon!! What a cutie!

The Weishaar Fam said...

This post is full of great news! Keep up the great work Aaron!

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.