Sunday, 05/17/09: My convocation from dental school! Aaron was even mentioned during the ceremony, since he was born there. He is such a little celebrity. I was able to take some pictures with him in my cap and gown. What a nice picture I will be able to show him. Technically he wasn't even supposed to be here yet, but now I was able to celebrate one of my biggest accomplishments with him.

That night, we also added another photo to my "favorites". Here is our little monkey cuddling inside Clayton's undershirt. Oh so cute!
Monday, 5/18/09: This was a rough day for Aaron. He had been having a few apnea/brady episodes but recovering well but today, he wasn't doing as well. As a result, they moved him back to CPap. However, after only an hour on this and one more episode, they decided to put him on BiPap. This was really discouraging. He has been doing so well for quite some time now. But, life in the NICU is always described as a rollercoaster ride, and this was our down. Aaron's head ultrasound a few days prior showed stability (even some slight improvement) and a CBC showed no signs of infection, so those were quickly ruled out as reasons for the episodes. The doctors ordered a chest x-ray for some explaination but that, too, showed improvement (God is soo good!). So pretty much Aaron just got tired of working so hard and just needed a break. His little lungs can only do so much work. Now the BiPap is helping him out again and he is doing well. His blood gases have been even better. Of course, he tries to pull it off of him every chance he gets!Wednesday, 05/20/09: Graduation day! I showed up to visit Aaron today and saw taped on his isolette a sign saying, "Dear Mommy, Congrats Grad! Love you, Aaron". It was really sweet. He was sleeping most of the time and was all swaddled up. He was really comfortable. They went up on his feeds to 11cc/3hrs. He has been having zero residuals. This is such motivation to keep away from all dairy! The nurse gave him his bath at night but I was able to put lotion on him. Boy did his numbers skyrocket when his mommy was rubbing him all over! I love when I can do something that comforts him. If he keeps this up they will continue to increase his feedings and maybe move him back to cannula again. We will just continue to pray.


1 comments:
Congrats Mari, that is an amazing accomplishment. That was so sweet they taped a sign up "from Aaron!" How cool.
Hang in there and keep your head up, and know that you have at least on mama looking up to you for strength and encouragement to push on, even when I want to give up. You are amazing! Neither of us could have imagined this is where we would be right now, having to face such a hard battle, but our little guys are pulling through for us one day at a time. Eventually (something I cannot even think about right now) they will be stronger men for it.
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.